ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Some code cleanup, short ZRTP status and changed to GPL V3

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Some code cleanup, short ZRTP status and changed to GPL V3
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:34:20 +0200

David, all,

as discussed I changed ZRTP to use GPL V3. As an additional
enhancement the ZRTP implementation is now compliant with
the latest ZRTP draft, see  <http://zfoneproject.com/zrtp_ietf.html>.
The new ZRTP packet layout and protocol is now a protocol
on its own, completely decoupled from RTP, it just happens
to use then same connection. These changes provided for an
even better decoupled implementation of ZRTP.

The ZRTP implementation misses the Preshared mode spcified in
the draft. This may follow some time later, it is not really
essential during the key negotiation process. Inter working
was tested with the Phil Zimmermann's original Zfone. Here
some work is ongoing to get closer to the "version one" :-) .

Because of modifications in the ZRTP packet layout some
of the helper functions in the core ccRTP classes are not longer
requiered thus I have deleted them from the source. The
changed sources are: rtppkt.cpp and rtppkt.h . David, these
changes _may_ require to recompile applications that use
GNU ccRTP . Can you check these modifications please and
see if a re-compile is necessary? Thanks.

Regards,
Werner