ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Problems with port No

From: Federico Montesino Pouzols
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Problems with port No
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:27:23 +0100 (CET)

You need to specify a source port for outgoing packets. Am I right? The
problem here is that the address and port you give to the RTPSession
constructor are used for receiving - RTPSession creates two sockets, one
for receiving and another one for sending packets. The socket for
sending packets is independent and is not bound.

I think you need to use SymmetricRTPSession instead of RTPSession,
symmetric session objects use the same socket for sending and receiving
and of course are very handy when NATs are around. Except for the
difference in the way they handle sockets, Symmetric and common session
objects work the same way.