ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Need to adapt configuration files for libgcrypt

From: Werner Dittmann
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Need to adapt configuration files for libgcrypt
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:29:13 +0100

David, all,

just recently the maintainer of libgcrypt (Werner Koch) released
a new version. Because of this the "simple" detection of libgcrypt
in the "configure.ac" script is not longer feasable. To
correctly detect and configure the libraries and paths for libgcrypt
the macro AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT should be used. The libgcrypt-devel
packet contains this macro and installs it in the correct m4 system
directories.

The use of this macro implies that a system that runs the "reconfig"
script to recreate the "configure" script needs the libgcrypt-devel
packet. Would this be a severe constraint? IMHO it's not severe because
libgcrypt is the basic crypto library for Gnu Privacy Guard (gpg) that
is available for most systems (Linux, BSD, Windows, OS-X?).

Once "configure" was created it will detect if libgcrypt is available
or not, and falls back to openssl if necessary.

If this modification is ok I would re-test the whole stuff on my system
and then do a check-in.

Regards,
Werner