ccrtp-devel

Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Build problem with libzrtpcpp

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Ccrtp-devel] Build problem with libzrtpcpp
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:22:38 -0500

Hmm...LT_VERSION actually is meant to be in the form ABI-LINK_VER:ABI_PATCH_VER. Hence, if the binary api is not changed for a given release, 1.0.0 should have:

VERSION=1.0.0
LT_RELEASE=1.0
LT_VERSION=0:0

VERSION=1.0.1 might have either LT_VERSION=0:1

if binary linking remains unchanged, or

LT_VERSION=1:0 if binary linking is changed...

Werner Dittmann wrote:
Michel,

this might be - the tarball that you got ist somewhat
outdated. I don't know at which time the tarballs are
generated. If it is possible pls try to get the lates
version using CVS.

Because of ongoing modifications of the ZRTP specification
I'm always updating the whole stuff. Expect a new round of
updates during the next week :-). Phil just released a
new version of ZRTP draft to the IETF.

Regards,
Werner

PS: in my sandbox it twinkle works quite well with ZRTP :-)

Werner

Michel de Boer schrieb:
Hi,

I just tried to build libzrtcpp-1.0.0
I took the tar ball from http://www.gnutelephony.org/dist/tarballs/

I get the following error from 'make':

libtool: link: you must specify an output file

The command causing this error is:

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g -O2 -D_GNU_SOURCE
-I/usr/local/include   -version-info 1:0:0 -release   -o libzrtpcpp.la
-rpath /usr/local/lib ZIDFile.lo ZIDRecord.lo ZRtp.lo ZrtpCrc32.lo
ZrtpPacketCommit.lo ZrtpPacketConf2Ack.lo ZrtpPacketConfirm.lo
ZrtpPacketDHPart.lo ZrtpPacketGoClear.lo ZrtpPacketClearAck.lo
ZrtpPacketHelloAck.lo ZrtpPacketHello.lo ZrtpPacketError.lo
ZrtpPacketErrorAck.lo ZrtpStateClass.lo ZrtpTextData.lo Base32.lo
ZrtpQueue.lo gcryptZrtpDH.lo gcrypthmac256.lo gcryptsha256.lo
gcryptAesCFB.lo InitializeGcrypt.lo   -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -lccgnu2
-ldl -lrt   -L/usr/local/lib -pthread -lccrtp1 -lccgnu2 -ldl -lrt
-lgcrypt -lgpg-error -lpthread

The problem is that the argument of '-release' is missing.

It seems that the configure/make files do not set LT_RELEASE.

If I manually set LT_RELEASE before configure/make:

export LT_RELASE="1.0.0"

Then the problem is gone.

Cheers,
Michel