ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] How to transfer video over rtp fastly and zero-copy

From: Xuezhao Liu
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] How to transfer video over rtp fastly and zero-copy
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:35:46 +0800

Hi,

I met some problems when transferring video data over rtp, thanks for any help or hints.

1. The time stamp
I give the same timestamp to a whole frame of video, because I found it is hard to control when trying to give different timestamp to every packet. But I don't know if it is a good method.

2. How to deal with packet lost
When I transferring more than 10 frames per second, the video result is bad according the packet lost. My question is how to control the packet lost? Need I deal with the RTCP control  message?

3. Is it possible to receive data without memory copy?
To receive data, the AppDataUnit::getData is called and I can get a pointer to the received data. At here I need to copy the data to my own buffer. Is it possible to receive data to a user specified buffer address?

Thanks!