ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] zrtpcpp, OpenSSL, and Debian

From: Daniel Gnoutcheff
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] zrtpcpp, OpenSSL, and Debian
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 11:27:55 -0500

Hello all,

I'm the sysadmin of the Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC), and we've
been happy users of SFLPhone, which uses libzrtpcpp.

However, it appears that libzrtpcpp has been removed from Debian testing
because it links with OpenSSL but doesn't have an OpenSSL linking
exception in its license [1, 2].

Could we add such an exception to the license?   I've asked some of the
legal staff here at SFLC to look into what this might entail.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to help add support for a GPL-compatible
crypto library.  Would there be interest in this?

Thanks!

Have a good one,
Daniel Gnoutcheff
SFLC sysadmin (not an attorney)