chicken-users

Re: [Chicken-users] Gnuplot pipe

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Gnuplot pipe
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 21:23:04 +0000

Hi Francesco,

I put together a simple interface to Gnuplot, basically popen() with a couple of procedures to plot lists. The motivation is mainly to draw exploratory plots from the interpreter. If you think this may be useful as an egg I'm happy to add wiki documentation. Comments welcome.

This is great!
I installed it and worked through the examples in the README. I've been thinking for a while about how I might easily draw charts with CHICKEN and this seems to be it.

I think it would be worthwhile to get it into the coop as an egg.

When working through the examples, I got this error after trying `(gp:send "set terminal wxt nopersist")`. I have Debian Jessie's (8.11) gnuplot (4.6.6-2+deb8u1).

-----
gnuplot> set terminal wxt nopersist
                     ^
line 0: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just 'set terminal' for a list
-----

Regards,
@ndy

--