chmspec-devel

Re: [chmspec-devel] Request for exception to GPL license

From: Razvan Cojocaru
Subject: Re: [chmspec-devel] Request for exception to GPL license
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 14:53:23 +0300

Hello Robert,

--  None of the existing readers has everything I need, as far as I know.
     I really want multiple tabs, plus the ability to resize text. Also,
TOC,
     index, and search.

xCHM has had tabbed browsing support for more than 1 year now. It has also been able to resize text (and change fonts), display the TOC and index, and fast search since I think 2004.

http://xchm.sourceforge.net

--  An opportunity to learn a new technology (new to me, at least). My
     current plan is to implement my viewer with Mozilla/XULRunner.

I would have liked to see that happen with xCHM too, unfortunately I couldn't find the time to write and test a wxHtmlWidget implemented with XULRunner or a similar technology. If ever you feel like writing a wxWidgets-friendly wrapper around XULRunner please let me know.

Best regards,
RC