classpathx-crypto

[Classpathx-crypto] Security provider in gcj (temporarily removed)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: [Classpathx-crypto] Security provider in gcj (temporarily removed)
Date: 01 Aug 2002 22:27:41 +0200

Hi,

I noticed that a couple of people on this list try to get gnu.crypto
working with gcj. I hope that I can help a bit and I had recently merged
the GNU Classpath security provider classes with libgcj (GNU Classpath
and libgcj are merging but it will take some time before everything is
merged see http://gcc.gnu.org/java/libgcj-classpath-compare.html).
Unfortunately the addition of those files broken the powerpc build in
some mysterious way so I had to remove them again. Since this does not
seem to impact any other platform you might want to wait updating your
libgcj tree again if you depend on those files being present. Below is
the ChangeLog entry. I hope that I can figure out this weekend what
exactly broke and add these files again to libgcj.

2002-08-01  Mark Wielaard  <address@hidden>

    Revert patch that breaks libgcj shared library on powerpc:
    * gnu/java/security/provider/Gnu.java: Reverse referencing all
    implementation classes by using Class.getName(). Uses Strings again.
    * gnu/java/security/der/DEREncodingException.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DERReader.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DERWriter.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DSAKeyPairGenerator.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DSAParameterGenerator.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DSAParameters.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/DSASignature.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/GnuDSAPrivateKey.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/GnuDSAPublicKey.java,
    gnu/java/security/provider/MD5.java,
    gnu/java/security/util/Prime.java: Removed.
    * Makefile.am (ordinary_java_source_files): Remove above files.
    * Makefile.in: Regenerate.
    * gnu/java/security/provider/DefaultPolicy.java
    (getPermissions): Revert to maintaining static class variable of
    Permissions.
    * gnu/java/security/provider/SHA.java
    (engineUpdate): Revert algorithm change.
    (engineDigest): Revert algorithm change.

For more info on the breakage see
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-07/msg00158.html>.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,