coreutils

Re: Coreutils Install

From: Bernhard Voelker
Subject: Re: Coreutils Install
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 01:02:09 +0100

On 1/16/19 7:51 PM, Frank Kawa wrote:
> I have basic knowledge of Linux. I accidentally removed the rm function on
> a server and need to install coreutils. Is there a video that can show me
> how to do this?

I'm afraid we cannot help you much ... here, because this is the upstream
development mailing list of the GNU coreutils.

The solution depends much on the Linux distribution you are using.
E.g. in openSUSE, I'd use 'zypper install -f coreutils' to force a
re-installation of the package.  Other distros have other package
managers.

Another way would be to copy /usr/bin/rm from a similar machine.

Have a nice day,
Berny