denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: mxe build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: mxe build
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 08:42:18 +0000

On Wed, 2019-01-09 at 17:59 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I do not remember what has to be done. I believe you have to force a
> rebuild. You can probably just touch guile.mk and try again. You may
> have to have it uninstall the static version. It would probably be a
> good idea to update the .mk files on the server. I am just scared
> that if I break something I don't know when I will have time to fix
> what went wrong.

Thanks - I managed to hack my way through to something that would
execute on windows and fix the problem with keyboard shortcuts.

I'm sure you're right not to touch that stuff until you have some spare
time - even without touching it, my setup spontaneously stopped working
and I had to start from scratch, and this time I could only get it
partly working and that with some horrible hacks - I now have a
symbolic link /home/jjbenham/mxe on my own machine!

It seems that the indexing stuff doesn't work on Windows because it
uses Guile 1.8 for Denemo and that is saying it doesn't have a getuid
procedure... I think I'll wait for the LilyPond-Guile war to come to a
conclusion before thinking about that. A pity though, because this
indexing stuff allows you to make arbitrary selections from your
collection of scores (e.g. "show me all the scores in D-minor").

Richard