denemo-devel

Re: [Denemo-devel] Tablature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tablature
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 08:44:56 +0000

On Mon, 2019-02-18 at 22:40 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I tried creating a tab stave, for mirrored music.
> First I used Staff  >> addStaff
> to add one with mirrored music.
> Then changed the Staff Properties to Tablature. (I haven't got my
> head round what the OpenStrings Dialog box is about.

OpenStrings Dialog has to be invoked with the cursor on a chord
comprising all the notes which you are the open strings of the
instrument you want the TAB to be for. I see there is another use, not
documented, where you execute it with the cursor not on a chord and it
allows you to designate a re-entrant tuning (e.g. ukulele), but I'm not
sure how much that is tested.

> comprising a
> It worked fine for Guitar Tab, but the help (see below) says that
> others can be set, and I can't see how.
> Directives >> Tablature >> seems to cause the tab to revert to
> music.

yes I see it does. This really needs writing up, to do mirrored music
AND tab you have to first create your TAB staff then add a staff and
change it to mirror the music in the TAB staff (it's called Mirrored
Music because it just mirrors the music on the staff, not any other
properties of the staff, such as if it is typeset as TAB ...)

> And there may be an example of this under File >> Open >> Open
> Example but apart from BaroqueLuteTab.denemo
> which produces the strange??
strange = Baroque Lute
> Typeset below the extract from the help file I cannot determine
> which.

???

Richard