dfey-nw-discuss

Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Aye Aye! Thar is an Announcement, me hearties!

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: [Dfey-nw-discuss] Aye Aye! Thar is an Announcement, me hearties!
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:12:34 +0100

Tim Dobson wrote:
> Happy Software Freedom Day!
>
> an' ah'll bid ye a happy talk like a Pirate Day! Yar!!
>
> ...on a more serious note, we have a few announcements!
>
> DFEY has grown quite remarkably in the last year; the DFEY-NW group has
> met up in real life; we've been as a group to several cool events; we
> grown a logo and we also managed to agree on the design for the front
> page of a website without "cutlassing" each other!
>
> However, we have not only grown in what we do, but we've grown in where
> are. People all over the UK have found out about DFEY, through a friend,
> through the web, though IRC and have got involved.
>
> Up until now, apart from the major events, there has been relatively
> little activity in terms of local DFEY events outside the North West.
>
> This has changed.
>
> Local groups have formed in the South East (London) and another in the
> South West (Devon/Cornwall) is likely to soon establish itself.
>
> So whilst we are familiar with:
>
> DFEY-NW (Manchester) Discussion and conversation:
>
> I would like to announce the follow:
>
> DFEY-SE (London) Discussion and conversation:
>
> DFEY-SW (West Country) Discussion and conversation:

Cool I will join and see what indirect help I can give, given that I am
not really classed as a young person,  but the more links between the
dcglug and dfey the better.

I am impressed with the time it took to respond to me signing up,
literally < 2 mins if that even.

Paul

> In addition to the new local groups discussion lists, there is also a
> new general discussion list specifically for country wide and discussion
> about DFEY.
>
> DFEY General discussion and conversation mailing list:
>
> If nothing is happening in your area or your town, why not start a local
> DFEY group?! You only need a few people and we'll advise you as much as
> we can all along the way from everything from how to get your
> schools/colleges to change content filtering practises to sorting out
> your *.dfey.org website!
>
> We can even help setup a mailing list and give you space on the DFEY
> wiki etc for you so you can communicate and collaborate with your members!
>
> If you are want to start up your own group, just email address@hidden
>
> Regards, me faithful brigands!
>
> Tim 'cut throat' Dobson
> (Co-Chief plunderer for DFEY-NW)
>
> "I'm in ur Emacz, pillagin ur codez"

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Meetings 1st Saturday of the month - Shoreline, Paignton from 3pm
Software freedom day 2009 - Saturday 19th September 2009