dgs-dev

Re: script to generate patch for Aladdin gs 6

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: script to generate patch for Aladdin gs 6
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:38:51 -0600

address@hidden wrote:

> >What(How?) is the status of the script, Adam?
> >Doen anyone test the script?
>
> I'm going to write the script.
> If anybody already wrote, please let me know.
>
> What feature is expected for the script? The generated patch should
> include both of DPS sources (should go to dgs-0.6.x/DPS)
> and the patches for Aladdin gs (should go to dgs-0.6.x/gs)?
> The gs source should go to the sub directory of dgs source tree,
> so making a patch which can used as:
>
>         patch gs-6.01 < dgs.patch
>
> is difficult. I had better make a sh script which moves gs source
> to the sub directory and apply patches?

I suspect this will be the process:

We can supply the source for all the elemets of DGS except gs6.0, so
tell the user:

1. get the gs-6.0.tar.gz file (or whatever it's called)
2. get the dgs-0.6.0.tar.gz file (same)
3. untar dgs-0.6.0
4. cd to dgs-0.6.0
5  untar gs-6.0
6. apply the patch file:
     cd gs
     patch < dgs.patch

7. Now cd .., configure and make and make install.

It should be really simple to generate the dgs.patch file. From the HEAD
revision:

  cvs -z3 rdiff -fRr gs-6_01 > dgs.patch