discuss-gnu-electric

Compiling with XFree86 4.0.2?

From: Al Arduengo
Subject: Compiling with XFree86 4.0.2?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 20:39:08 -0500

I am trying to recompile Electric since I upgraded much of my system.
Apparently now I cannot compile and as near as I can tell it seems
related to X includes. I get the following when I type make after a
successful configure in Linux:

cc      -Isrc/include -c src/cons/conlay.c -o src/cons/conlay.o
In file included from src/include/global.h:31,
                 from src/cons/conlay.c:30:
src/include/config.h:92: X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [src/cons/conlay.o] Error 1

I have verified that all X11 includes are in the same place they have
always been. There is indeed an Intrinsic.h in /usr/X11R6/include/X11. I
then thought that perhaps nothing would compile but I successfully
compiled other code that relies on X libs. Any suggestions?

Thanks and rgds,
-Al Arduengo