discuss-gnu-electric

Question about LEF and DEF support

From: Andrew Chang
Subject: Question about LEF and DEF support
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:14:29 -0700

Hi,

        I want to read-in a previously generated design to
        test out the area/maze routing features in electric.
        I have both the full LEF (with technology, sites, macros,
        rules etc...) as well as the corresponding DEF with
        components, nets and special nets sections.

        My question is -  what exactly is the currently level of
        LEF/DEF support in the tool?  I want to create a library
        including the basic cells (this works); then create a
        schematic facet and import the DEF to provide the instantiation
        and connectivity info (this did not work for me). Finally,
        I want to use the router to connect-up the ports (DEF has all
        required placement and connectivity data).

        As this did not work as I expected, what am I missing?
        Any guidance or feedback is appreciated.

        Thanks,
        ---Andrew

ps.  Also, am I correct in assuming that the OBS keyword in LEF
     and non-DEFAULT via rules are NOT currently supported?