discuss-gnu-electric

Re: more newbie questions

From: Al Arduengo
Subject: Re: more newbie questions
Date: 21 May 2001 15:01:27 -0500

"Thomas McKay" <address@hidden> writes:

> A couple of questions / problems:
>
> 1.  During simulation, I sometimes see a solid magenta waveform.  Is this
> indicative of something or just a drawing bug?

I think this could be because you are zoomed out too far. Try narrowing
your time frame since a fast clock over a long time will look solid. :-/

> 2.  Is there a tutorial on how to make an icon facet for a schematic?  (I
> wasn't successful "winging" it.)

I don't know if winging it includes the documentation but        suggest
starting there. If I recall it explains it pretty well.

> 3.  Since I don't have an icon view of my circuit, the instance is drawn
> with the ports in various locations w/in the interior of the extents.  When
> I try to connect wires to these ports, the auto wire router makes some very
> bad choices.  Is there a way to disable "smart" routing?

Sorry, I am not in front of electric so I can't comment here too much
other than to say I believe ch 2 talks about routing issues but maybe
not with respect to your case.

I guess what I am trying to say here is, rtf(ine)m. :-]

Rgds,
-Al