discuss-gnu-electric

ram/rom with electric

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: ram/rom with electric
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:57:49 +0300 (EEST)

suppose that i would need some RAM or ROM with electric, using Analog or
Digital Schematics technology. What would be the easiest way to do that?

One way (for ROM) would be to write a netlist-als-format description and
define for each input a corresponding output (ROM contents). But this is
probably far too cumbersome.

What comes to my mind is to add a new component using C. This should be
possible and probably relatively easy too, I hope.

Then suppose that I'd like to simulate with IRSIM. Can RAMs/ROMs used
with IRSIM? How? Do I need to define huge amount of transistors? Are there
any pre-existing IRSIM blocks with RAM/ROM or would I need to make one
myself?

Any other better alternatives?