discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Compile Error

From: Tuukka Toivonen
Subject: Re: Compile Error
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 10:25:32 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, DEEPAK KUMAR wrote:

> I was trying to compile electric-6.04 and I got the
> following error
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so: undefined reference to
> `XpGetDocumentData'

I suggest you try the following: edit the Makefile
in Electric and change the line
        XTLIBS = -lXm -lXmu -lXt
        XTLIBS = -lXm -lXmu -lXt -lXp

Xp* strings belong almost definitely to X print
extension, althought I couldn't find manpages about them.

If this doesn't help I suggest you get and compile
lesstiff libraries yourself.

If you then get Electric to run but it crashes often
(when you close some dialog) you'd better to install
OpenMotif, it works better for me.