discuss-gnu-electric

Re: problem saving color options

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: problem saving color options
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:54:09 -0800

I have managed to get almost everything I want from Electric working correctly now. Very nice tool! Now I have a small problem but annoying nonetheless. I have configured my colors to my liking and saved all options. Yet every time I reopen the file of interest, the colors are back to default. I have tried changing the technology itself but I am only allowed to pick overlappable1-5 and cannot choose to have, say, me1 as overlappable in blue. (Am I just missing this?). I change all the colors in the Windows->Color Options->Edit Colors... menu. But after done viewing etc, and I attempt to quit Electric, I am always presented with a dialog offering to let me save my options. I do so every time but always when I restart Electric I must reset all the colors again. Like I said, not terrible but a little annoying.

Thank you for your help. I will of course provide more detail if necessary.

This is a bug. To fix it, edit "src/usr/usr.c" and find the module "us_do3init()". In that module is the line:
        us_getcolormap(el_curtech, COLORSDEFAULT, FALSE);

This line of code must be moved UP in the module so that it comes before reading of the options library. Therefore, place it BEFORE this line of code:
        libname = us_tempoptionslibraryname();

   -Steven Rubin