discuss-gnu-electric

Re: transformers

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: transformers
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 21:15:23 -0700

What a great program!  Thanks!

The repertoire of available analog circuit components seems limited - or
is it just my knowledge of how to use the program?  Is this by design?
Can I create new symbols, or find third party libraries?

Thanks! Yes, there are only a limited set of primitive schematic components. Most of them can be "parameterized" and extended in various ways. But in the end, most users build custom components by creating icon facets with the graphics that they need. Then, they add SPICE or Verilog templates so that these custom icons behave correctly. For some examples, see the set of SPICE primitives, which are all built that way.

   -Steven Rubin