discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Help Required

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Help Required
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:31:28 -0700

At 08:26 AM 10/14/2004, you wrote:
Hello Steven.

I've been subscribing to the electric list for years, but lately the spam
on the list is getting unsupportable. I seem to recall an argument for not
limiting the list to subscribers, though I cannot recall the motive.

As it is, this list is the single largest source of spam in my machine -
is there any chance this will be reverted?

Also, I'm not really sure if the list is still intended to be a functional
tool, as (non-spam) traffic has been near to inexistant lately.

I have asked the GNU people about this, and they have converted the lists to be moderated. I will be able to reject spam from now on.

   -Steve