discuss-gnu-electric

Importing cell library into Electric 7.00

From: Ming Deng
Subject: Importing cell library into Electric 7.00
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:16:47 -0500

Hi Steve,

I was trying to test the functionality of Electric 7.00 on another 3-party cell library. The library comes with two LEF files, ie. a technology LEF and a cell library LEF. After a little bit testing and code viewing, I got to know 7.00's LEF import function does not read technology LEF. I don't know whether there is any way you know of that we can import a technology LEF into Electric. Another question is why layer names are constrained that they must be prefixed with "POLY", "METAL-", "VIA" and "CONT".

cheers,

Ming Deng