discuss-gnu-electric

Re: packaging directory missing in 8.01 source

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: packaging directory missing in 8.01 source
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:22:31 -0800

At 01:04 PM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
I tried compiling electric-8.01 source distribution on linux - it runs but
when I try to build a jar file, ant cannot find some files in the packaging
directory, specifically AppleJavaExtensions.jar and electric.mf. Can you
please provide these files or suggest how to change build.xml so it creates
a jar file?

The AppleJavaExtensions are actually in the jar file, but they appear as individual items (not a single jar file). You will find them in the folder "com.apple". You can also get the original jar file from Apple.

The manifest file is also in the jar file. It is called "META-INF/MANIFEST.MF".

Since the Ant file builds a jar by extracting the .class files from the Apple jar file, you can modify the Ant script to use the .class files that are already available (i.e. skip the extraction step).

The Ant file that we use (build.xml) is really an internal build that we use for packaging. When building Electric, we use IDEs that simply compile all of the .java files and run them (that is, we don't use the Ant file). The main class is "com.sun.electric.Launcher".

-Steven Rubin