discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Add new primitive in 8.01

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Add new primitive in 8.01
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:42:09 -0800

At 02:53 PM 2/25/2005, you wrote:
In 6.08, we have menus to edit/add technology primitives. But where can we find those functions in 8.01? Is it possible to add a totally new technology in 8.01?

The technology editor has not been ported to Java, as of version 8.01 (although it will probably be there by the next release). In the meantime, you can use the old C Electric's technology editor to create new technologies for the Java version. This is possible because Electric version 7.00 has an option in its technology editor to write out Java code.

   -Steven Rubin