discuss-gnu-electric

Electric tutorial

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Electric tutorial
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:47:03 -0700

Professor David Harris, of Harvey Mudd College, has created an Electric tutorial for use in his classes. This tutorial targets the older C version of Electric, but is still useful.

The tutorial is part of the web site for his textbook "CMOS VLSI Design" (by Neil Weste and David Harris): http://www.cmosvlsi.com

The specific part of the website with the tutorial is at http://www.cmosvlsi.com/coursematerials.html under the "Labs" column.

The tutorial is in 5 parts, "Lab1" through "Lab5". Clicking on either the "doc" or "pdf" links next to those lab names will take you to the relevant document. Additional coursework files (for example, ELIB files) are also under the "Labs" column.

I plan to update much of that material and incorporate it into the Electric user's manual. In the meantime, I wanted to announce its existence on this list.

   -Steven Rubin