discuss-gnu-electric

Exception when running electric-8.03.jar

From: Nicholas Robinson
Subject: Exception when running electric-8.03.jar
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:03:05 +0000

Hi

From the starting point of knowing very little about java, I'm trying to run
electric using:

java -jar electric-8.03.jar

I get the following:

java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException
   at java.awt.Frame.setUndecorated(boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at com.sun.electric.Main$SplashWindow.Main$SplashWindow() (Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.electric.Main.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.electric.Launcher.invokeElectric(java.lang.String[],
java.lang.String) (Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.electric.Launcher.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.call_main() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
Warning: Activity Log disabled: /home2/npr/home2/npr/electric.log (No such
file or directory)
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException
   at java.awt.Frame.setUndecorated(boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at com.sun.electric.Main$SplashWindow.Main$SplashWindow() (Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.electric.Main.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.electric.Launcher.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.call_main() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

I don't get any more information if I run the source version of the jar.

The log file location looks a bit suspicious, but I created the directory path
and it puts a log file into it, but it is null. Actually, if I don't create
the directory path, it puts in the home directory and it's still null!

My guess is I'm missing some library or other, but just don't know which one.
I'm running fedora core 4 and my java version is:

java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)

Thanks for any help you can give, the screenshots look fantastic and I can't
wait to get my hands on the app!

Best wishes

Nick