discuss-gnu-electric

DRC: SURROUND rules disabled?

From: Ole Myren Rohne
Subject: DRC: SURROUND rules disabled?
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 09:24:13 +0200

Dear Electric developers,

I’m trying in vain to set up and test a surround/enclosure DRCs in Electric VLSI 9.07, as in 5.2b MOSIS:

<LayersRule ruleName="5.2b Mosis" layerNames="{Metal-1,Poly-Cut}" type="SURROUND" when="ALL" value="1.0”/>

In my understanding a stack of 3u POLY/2u CUT/3u METAL pure nodes should trigger this rule, because the surround is only 0.5u. Perhaps I’ve misunderstood the meaning of type=“SURROUND”?

Looking in e.g. MTDRCLayoutTool.java it seems that related code is commented out. Could somebody comment on the status of SURROUND (and EXTENSION) DRCs, or perhaps post a working example of triggering such rules?

Thank you for your consideration, Ole