Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Confused by 4xN FFT output

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Confused by 4xN FFT output
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 18:36:08 +0200

Hi,

> in0 = input_items[0]
> in0.shape gives me: (4, 1024)
>
> So I'm wondering how come there are 4 lots of 1024 complex numbers?
>
> It's not just bundling 4 lots outputs together is it?

Of course it is ...

It's not guaranteed to be "4", it can be any number. It will always
give your work function as many data as are available at that point in
time. Your input signature just guarantees you get data as vector of
1024, but you can't control how many you get at a time, it's up to you
to process them all in a loop.

Cheers,

   Sylvain