Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding correlate access code-tag block

From: Daniel Estévez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Regarding correlate access code-tag block
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:49:42 +0100

El 08/01/19 a las 22:14, Müller, Marcus (CEL) escribió:
> As indicated, have you worked through the tutorials on
> https://tutorials.gnuradio.org?
> That's the place where I'd start.
> You should drop *all* the blocks that are deprecated. As said, these
> are deprecated for a reason (buggy and no-one is willing or able to fix
> them – most of the ones you're using are simply broken on a conceptual
> level).
>
> Instead of the correlate access block, my guess is that the
> header_payload_demux-based examples from gr-
> digital/examples/packet/packet_rx.grc and packet_tx.grc and
> packet_loopback_hier.grc will make you much happier.
>
> You'll probably find them in
> /usr/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/packet.

Hi Marcus,

I'm not following this thread closely, so maybe I missed something that
has already been said.

In gr-satellites I'm using the "Correlate access code - Tag"
extensively, so if this has been deprecated I would like to replace it
by something suitable.

I'm currently using GNU Radio 3.7.13.4 and the block "Correlate access
code" appears as deprecated, but "Correlated access code - Tag" doesn't
appear as deprecated.

If "Correlate access code - Tag" is deprecated or is going to be
deprecated in GNU Radio 3.8 (which I haven't tested yet), what could be
suitable replacements for this block?

Maybe it could be good to make the effort to use the "Header/Payload
Demux" block, which at first glance seems too complicated for the use
I'm doing? In gr-satellites my main use for "Correlate access code -
Tag" is to detect a syncword and add a tag, so then I can use one of my
custom blocks to create a PDU of a fixed size where the tag starts.

Best regards,

Dani.