Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Encrypted RF Noise, Guerrilla Private and Pirate

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Encrypted RF Noise, Guerrilla Private and Pirate Comms, UWB Ultra Wide Band, SS Spread Spectrum, SDR
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 21:34:18 +0000

Hi Grarpamp!

Nice seeing you again.

However, we've (that means you, me, and others on this list) talked
about exactly these spread spectrum technologies before, as a reminder:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2016-05/msg00416.html

On Sun, 2019-01-13 at 04:08 -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> This was mentioned in a whitepaper of sorts,

being specific is always a good idea when discussing things.

> maybe in a few papers around that time,
> noting that the tech might perhaps be ideal for
> Anti-Censorship / Anti-Surveillance / Guerrilla
> Comms that need to be robust against generally
> all forms of traditional radio adversaries.

being specific is always a good idea when discussing things.

> Can anyone post links to such papers?

I've extensionly mentioned established technology in my emails from
2016. Have you been able to ask your favourite search engine for these?

You won't have to read papers. Get a good textbook on digital
communications. As Marcus Leech mentioned in his email from 2016,
there's patents dating back to 1947 that describe the things you paint
as great innovations here – things like DSSS, correlation,
autocorrellation analysis of signals etc are really just standard
textbook knowledge, and we can't do more than point you towards:

If you want to understand how things work, start with the basics.

Again, none of what you describe is new; you won't find it in papers,
but in digital communication basics textbooks.

GNU Radio has a wiki page on recommended reading:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/SuggestedReading#Digital_Comms
Have fun reading!

Best regards,
Marcus

And what links are there to software and hardware