Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clone existing blocks in my own GNURadio project
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 13:26:10 -0500

I -love- this idea, and agree that to the best of my knowledge such an import
feature does not exist anywhere; I'd love to see it as part of gr_modtool!

I cannot count how many times I've imported blocks from either GR or some
GR/OOT in order to tweak them -- to learn what makes the block tick and
subsequently sometimes to fix issues. I sometimes do this tweaking "in place"
(tweak source, rebuild, reinstall), but often as not I find it easier to import
the code my GR/OOT that is using the block in question.

If/when appropriate & doable, contributing upstream is important to try.

Maybe this addition could be a GSoC project? Hmm ... - MLD