[Discuss-gnuradio] Using a Trigger Event to Process Subset of Samples in

From: Mark Gannet
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using a Trigger Event to Process Subset of Samples in the Data Stream
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:23:30 -0800

Hello,

I'm using a channel on an x310 to sample the analog receiver on a radar system and store the data continuously on a host PC running CentOS 7.  The other channel on the x310 is used to collect timing signals (like a transmit trigger signal) via the GPIO header on a basic Rx daughterboard (with a modified FPGA load)

I'd like to delay a fixed amount of time (say 2 ms) from the trigger signal on the GPIO to process a subset (about 100 us) of the receive signal and calculate RMS power during that interval.  I'd like to do this on the Host PC and stream out the result as a UDP message.

My question is this:  What is my best bet in manipulating the data stream from the USRP block so that I can calculate the RMS power in that window of time delayed from the trigger?  Stream to vector?  Signal probe vector (I've read these are slow)?  ZeroMQ?

Thanks,
Mark