Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to generate a bit error curve by using QT GUI

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to generate a bit error curve by using QT GUI Bercurve sink
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:03:41 -0800

On 1/29/19 3:50 PM, arefin hasib wrote:
> Hello,
> I am working with GNU Radio Companion 3.7.11 .I would like to generate a
> bit error curve by using QT GUI Bercurve sink.So I have been using
> Random source,Qpsk Modulator ,sample up,Root Raised Cosine filter ,noise
> source With (1.0 / math.sqrt(bits_per_symbol * 10**(float(EbN0) / 10))
> this para meter,sample down, Qpsk demodulate,Error rate and  QT GUI
> Bercurve sink .

See the documentation for

  BER Curve Gen

It was designed to be used with the QT GUI Bercurve sink.

Also, see the FEC examples in

  ./share/gnuradio/examples/fec

of your gnuradio distribution. There's an example on how to use BER
Curve Gen and QT GUI Bercurve sink blocks.

And the BER block you're currently using has been depreciated - which
probably means there's something wrong with it - and it may disappear in
the next release.

-- Cinaed