[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM TX original example - output broken

From: Sebastian Peters
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM TX original example - output broken
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:41:22 +0100

Hey All!

I'm fighting a problem with the original GNU Radio OFDM TX example from
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/examples/ofdm/tx_ofdm.grc

Nothing is changed, except adding two File Sinks writing the data to two text files. One File Sink is added at the random source and one at the OFDM Receiver output (parallel to Tag Debug).

Letting it run for a short while, gives me two output files: send.txt and received.txt
Then, I'm comparing the outputs in hex:
hexdump -C send.txt > send.txt.hex
hexdump -C received.txt > received.txt.hex
meld send.txt.hex received.txt.hex

(meld is a nicer diff tool)

Every time I do this, the received file is broken at some point. Six lines in hexdump (i.e. 6*16=96 bytes) are missing. It occurs at random places, sometimes multiple times, and as the pattern is repeating but not always broken at the same point, you can see that it is not a special magic string that is causing it.
My expectation is an error-free transmission.

Can someone explain this behaviour? Am I missing some basic aspect?
I have noticed, that the packet length is 96bytes.

Sebastian