Re: get_tags_in_range vs get_tags_in_window

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: get_tags_in_range vs get_tags_in_window
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 22:25:24 +0200

Hello Jason,

no, there's no benefit. `get_tags_in_window` just calls `get_tags_in_range`; citing: gnuradio/gnuradio-runtime/lib/block.cc:

void block::get_tags_in_window(std::vector<tag_t>& v,
                               unsigned int which_input,
                               uint64_t start,
                               uint64_t end)
{
    d_detail->get_tags_in_range(v,
                                which_input,
                                nitems_read(which_input) + start,
                                nitems_read(which_input) + end,
                                unique_id());
}

So, sadly, no reduction of computational load (by the way, to evaluate computational load of the tagging system, we used to use `perf top -a` a lot).

Best regards,
Marcus