[GRCon'23] Call for Participation for the GNU Radio Conference 2023

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: [GRCon'23] Call for Participation for the GNU Radio Conference 2023
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 11:29:41 +0200

Dear Community,

GRCon'23 is happening in early September this year – so our submission deadlines are a bit tighter than usual.

Submission for talks, papers, workshops, and other contributions are accepted through the GRCon'23 website:

https://events.gnuradio.org/event/21/abstracts/

This call for participation closes on 5 June 2022!

A tiny bit about the GNU Radio conference:

GRCon is GNU Radio's annual conference, being held in changing cities in the U.S., and also live-streamed and chat-interacted online. Watching the main track online and interacting with the audience and speakers via chat are free. Registration for the in-person event started in March.

GRCon'23 happens 5 – 9 September in Tempe, Arizona at ASU.

What GRCon offers is a main track of presentations with topics on GNU Radio, applications of SDR / high-rate signal processing, computational radio science, scientific and industry developments, policy and technological breakthroughs.

Next to that, there's tutorials on specific topics, a poster session, Special Interest Groups and the developer's summit, which is the get-together for the project developers.
Oh, and of course, there's social events, happening at local highlight
locations.

If you have *any* question (and I mean that – we're trying to make GRCon as accommodating as possible) about GRCon, be it about attendance, online participation, content submission or other problems related to the conference, we want you to reach out: Here on the mailing list, on the chat (https://chat.gnuradio.org), or in a private email to the GRCon organizers (grcon@gnuradio.org).

Now, clearly, this all requires significant funds to set up – with a history of more than 300 in-person attendees prior to COVID (last year's in-person attendance was around 200 attendees), and the live video streams achieving 3900 views last year, there's a large responsibility to organize a smooth conference and offer an excellent in-person and remote experience.

As in previous years, we do not intend to push all these costs onto the attendees alone (this year's tickets are cheaper than last year!); instead, it has proven mutually advantageous to have sponsors contribute to the conference, and be present in various forms to the audience. If your company is interested in reaching a high-profile, technical and social audience, please do see https://events.gnuradio.org/event/21/page/106-sponsorship-opportunities and reach out to sponsor@gnuradio.org .

Best regards, and: see you in person in Arizona or online in September,
Marcus