Having some basic trouble generating BER for GMSK

From: Chris Devries
Subject: Having some basic trouble generating BER for GMSK
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 14:48:48 +0000

It seems that the stream will slip and get out of sync with the slightest bit of noise added.  I’ve searched for a solution but how can one do a basic error rate simulation which seems that it would require the 2 streams to be some how synchronized.  I’m fairly new to gnuradio so not sure if there is a mechanism for synchronizing or if I should be doing something else to test my output stream to look for bit errors.

Or am I going about this the wrong way?  My goal is to build a GMSK receiver and test it will an ideal source and channel model, and then use it in a live scenario.

Chris