Running radioconda with MSYS2

From: Price, Rodney D.
Subject: Running radioconda with MSYS2
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 18:42:48 +0000

I’ve installed radioconda 3.10.6.0 on a Windows 10 box, along with MSYS2 to give me a bash prompt with all the usual tools. I’d like to develop OOT modules in both python (3.10) and C++ (either gcc or clang). However, I’m beginning to wonder if this is possible with radioconda, since

$ gnuradio-config-info --cflags

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/Enterprise/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.29.30133/bin/HostX64/x64/c

l.exe:::/MD /O2 /Ob2 /DNDEBUG /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/Enterprise/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.29.30133/bin/HostX64/x64/c

l.exe:::/MD /O2 /Ob2 /DNDEBUG -DHAVE_SNPRINTF  /DWIN32 /D_WINDOWS /W3 /GR /EHsc

which seems to imply that I have to use MS Visual Studio for C++ development. Is this true?

What if I stick to python only? Can that be done?

Second question: Running gr_modtool in the MSYS2 MINGW64 shell, I get

$ gr_modtool newmod tmp

ModToolException: Could not find gr-newmod source dir.

So I look for the sources, by running

$ gnuradio-config-info --prefix

There’s no response.  Then

$ gnuradio-config-info –-sysconfdir

etc

This is not helpful. Which ‘etc’ are we talking about?

Finally, after some digging, I find what appears to be the gr-newmod source directory, so I try

$ gr_modtool newmod --srcdir /c/Users/rdprice/Apps/radioconda/Library/share/gnuradio/modtool/templates/gr-newmod temp

Creating out-of-tree module in .\gr-temp...

Failed to copy .clang-format: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'share\\gnuradio\\clang-format.conf'

Done.

Use 'gr_modtool add' to add a new block to this currently empty module.

This is progress. Now I have a directory ‘gr-temp’ with subdirectories that look familiar. However, the fact that it can’t find clang-format.conf makes me think that I’m going to run into “No such file or directory” many more times. The file is there, in the place stated.

Suggestions? Should I give up on radioconda and try to compile gnuradio from source under mingw64 (shudder)?

Thanks,

-Rod

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain ZETA Associates confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, or distribution of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies.