Incompatible function arguments

From: Elmore's
Subject: Incompatible function arguments
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:40:38 -0400

I have created a flowgraph which has a hierarchical block called Receive. In the Receive block is a Head block.

The primary block has an OOT containing a callback in which I wish to call the reset() function in the Head block as follows:

        Receive.blocks.head.reset()

This call results in the following error:
        TypeError: reset(): incompatible function arguments. The following argument types are supported:
        1. (self: gnuradio.blocks_python.head) –> None

I’m confused since reset takes no arguments and I don’t understand the meaning of the argument types shown.

Jim