Error about 'rfnoc_block_generic' attribute in flow graph using RFNoC bl

From: Giriyan, Nischal Narendra
Subject: Error about 'rfnoc_block_generic' attribute in flow graph using RFNoC blocks available in GRC
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 13:36:25 +0000

Hello Everyone,

I am writing this mail to get some direction to solve the error I am facing while using the basic blocks of RFNoC available in Gnu Radio Companion.

My goal here is to build a simple flow graph to demonstrate the usage of the RFNoC blocks already available in the GRC(Core-> UHD -> RFNoC). I am using the blocks RFNoC Fast Fourier Transform Block, RFNoC RX Radio, RFNoC Rx Streamer among others.

When I execute this flow graph, I get the following error :

  File "/home/labpc/RFNoc.py", line 107, in __init__
    self.uhd_rfnoc_fft_0 = uhd.rfnoc_block_generic(
AttributeError: module 'gnuradio.uhd' has no attribute 'rfnoc_block_generic'

I am not finding any such block or attribute in any of the blocks used in this flow graph. I also tried looking for similar error on internet and Gnu Radio community and couldn't find any concrete help.

I am attaching the .grc file here for reference.

Note : RFNoC.py code snippet is as follows,

self.uhd_rfnoc_fft_0 = uhd.rfnoc_block_generic(
            self.rfnoc_graph,
            uhd.device_addr(''),
            "FFT",
            -1,
            -1)
        self.qtgui_vector_sink_f_0 = qtgui.vector_sink_f(
            1024,
            0,
            1.0,
            "x-Axis",