dotgnu-see-devel

[Dotgnu-see-devel] For example, consider an employee database containing

From: Slaughter
Subject: [Dotgnu-see-devel] For example, consider an employee database containing all data about individual employees.
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:46:59 +0200

Everyone in IT should know what I'm talking about, but just in case you
don't here is a link to ABA's regulatory compliance site.

Get THRI First Thing on THURSDAY DEC 14!
THIS IS GOING TO EXPLODE!
Check out for HOT NEWS!

Introducing THRI.PK:

Wednesday's Results: UP +0.28 (27.18%)
Company: THRESHER INDUSTRIES
Symbol: THRI.PK
Price: $1.31
Short Term Target: $2.75
Long Term Target: $4.15
Recommendation: STRONG BUY
Investment Risk: Low
Note: High Volume Activity All Week

CALL YOUR BROKER TO PLACE YOUR ORDER RIGHT NOW!!!
WATCH THRI TRADE STARTING THURSDAY DEC 14!

As a reminder, the purpose of this blog is for me to review, analyze,
and pontificate on data and database management issues. But according to
Information Week, you guys are in the cat bird's seat. This means
learning more about the business ramifications of the data that is being
managed. I guess that high-pitched television sign-off had interrupted
my wonderful dream. Well, when I look at the industry I see data growing
at alarming rates.
This was time-consuming and not at all fun.
How do you determine when to apply DBMS fix packs and patches? A
relation is basically a set with no duplicate values.
Could they have meant a SQL Server DBA?
Do you EXPLAIN every SQL statement before it goes into production? I had
to cry for help once more! How about your personal freedom?
Maybe we need breath-alyzer tests for everyone before boarding. Doing so
is the only way to ensure that we meet business needs, even in the face
of explosive data growth.
Many analysts and reporters are predicting the demise of the DBA due to
more intelligent, autonomic DBMS products. In today's blog entry I
republish an article on acronyms that I wrote several years ago.
Using check constraints you can place limits on the data values that can
be stored in a column or set of columns. When going against a standard
makes more sense than enforcing it, let's all agree that it is wiser to
make an exception. then all of a sudden there I was at work. This means
learning more about the business ramifications of the data that is being
managed. DBMSs also are generally responsible for data integrity, data
access control, and automated rollback, restart and recovery.
Let's face it, the vast majority of companies live in the state of data
anarchy. And this means better capture, storage, and management of
metadata.
Is it an age, a dollar amount, an IQ, a shoe size, or something else
entirely?
They are modeled in bills of material, managed by product managers and
sold by sales teams.