dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] Different image dimensions between dvipng 1.14 and 1.15

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] Different image dimensions between dvipng 1.14 and 1.15
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 10:56:10 +0000

Dear Markus,

As far as I understand, Freetype uses the native hinter (OS hinter, I believe), but I do not know much, this is outside of my expertise. See e.g. https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/text-rendering-general.html

Any changes in the manual will have to wait until I do a new release, and that will only happen if there are security issues found. I have precious little time for these hobby projects nowadays. Hopefully people can find this discussion in the mailing list archives for the time being.

Best
Jan-Åke