elmirror-general-discussion

[elMirror-general-discussion] Roadmap is written and is on the homepage

From: Mikalai Birukou
Subject: [elMirror-general-discussion] Roadmap is written and is on the homepage now
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:39:36 -0400

Hi,

I have written a roadmap for development of elMirror. The roadmap says
where project is now and what should be done.
It is clear that till we hit the bottom stage, we cannot really talk
about packaging elMirror and setting it for *end-user*. Till that
moment, this project will be of interest only to programmers, people
doing research in ai.
We usualy expect to see some functionality from a system. Functionality
comes from word *function*, which is a map of inputs to outputs. But
about elMirror's functionality we may talk only in the same manner as we
may talk about human's functionality. Yes, at a very early stage
elMirror will *be able* to perform different actions on files, internal
objects, etc. But, elMirror will *do* something you want, *only if*
elMirror thinks that action is needed. There will be no substitute for
teaching stage.

Mikalai.