emacs-bidi

Re: [emacs-bidi] emacs-bidi updated

From: Matan Ninio
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] emacs-bidi updated
Date: 17 Jul 2002 12:35:29 +0300

TAKAHASHI Naoto <address@hidden> writes:

> Sometimes it goes faster than we expected.
>
> Emacs for Arabic (and Hebrew) based on GNU Emacs-21.3.50 is available.
> Here are major changes.
>
> - "arabic-arabwin" renamed to "arabic" with bug fixes.
> - Fathatan, etc. in "arabic-translit" remapped.
> - Support for Hebrew in Unicode.
> - Experimental support for Hebrew points.
>
> For the details, see
>
>   http://www.m17n.org/emacs-bidi/index.html

תודה רבה!!!

or, in English, Thank you very much!!

This seems to work quite nicely, compiles well on linux

And finally, after all those years, I can read my Hebrew email in the
right orientating.

so, once again, toda raba.

some small comments:

* the location of the "bidi" menu is confusing (It took me some time to
  find it, and I know it was there)

* there is a problem with refresh after display orientation swaps the
  occur when changing buffers from R2L to L2R and vise verse.

and that's it for now.

עברית!! אני כותב עברית באימקס!!!
מתן ניניו, האונברסיטה העברית בירושלים