bidi, hebrew: files may need to be utf-8 with a byte order mark

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: bidi, hebrew: files may need to be utf-8 with a byte order mark
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 18:13:30 +0100

Hi

I am trying to contribute to the keyman project and provide a phonetic
hebrew keyboard layout. It was pointed out to me by the maintainers,
that I should use

,----
| One issue is that some of the files may need to be utf-8 with a byte
| order mark. I would suggest using Visual Studio Code as the editor. It
| will reduce grief on Mac OS or Linux.
`----

I would like to know whether GNU emacs (master) satisfies these
requirements. I am pretty sure it does, but would like to get a
confirmation, best by Eli.

Regards

Uwe Brauer