Re: Recent diff-mode changes feel slow with TRAMP

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Recent diff-mode changes feel slow with TRAMP
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 23:23:49 +0200

> Maybe it should be disabled by default in remote buffers.

When a remote host is fast, it's a big advantage that TRAMP supports
this feature without any efforts.  But when a remote host is slow,
it should be disabled indeed.

I can't confirm what effect is has on slow connections because all my
remote connections are so fast that I don't notice any difference
between remote and local.