Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion t

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: project--completing-read-strict breaks ada-mode project completion table
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 03:20:08 +0300

On 21.01.2019 22:36, Stephen Leake wrote:
The completion table in uniquify files completes on base names first,
then on uniquifying directories.

This table won't be returned by a generic, though, right? It will be constructed inside project-find-file, depending on a particular value of a new user option.

And the function that builds it will need take a list of files as input, right?

Given an empty completion string, it will return a list of all files (as
absolute file names), but completing on that is not equivalent to using
the table.

I don't know whether that completion table is "flat". We could define
"flat" to mean 'equivalent to a list of files"; that seems like a useful
definition.

OK, let's call it that. Not sure if we're going to use this definition a lot in the future, though.