Re: RMAIL and movemail?

From: John
Subject: Re: RMAIL and movemail?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:18:28 +0000

Has anyone any idea why when I try to read my mbox from an NFS-mounted
filing system if fails with
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
   string-match("^\\(imap\\|pop\\)s?$" nil nil)
   rmail-remote-proto-p(nil)
   rmail-insert-inbox-text(("/var/spool/mail/jpff" "/mnt/snout/home/jpff/mbox")
t)
   rmail-get-new-mail-1(nil ("/var/spool/mail/jpff"
"/mnt/snout/home/jpff/mbox") nil)
   rmail-get-new-mail(nil)
   funcall-interactively(rmail-get-new-mail nil)
   call-interactively(rmail-get-new-mail nil nil)
   command-execute(rmail-get-new-mail)

This has been working for years but stopped recently.  It could be to
do with a change in NFS but I have not identified an issue.   It works
from a local file and apparently using C-U g but clearly does not
remove the incoming mail from the mbox.
I tried stepping through the rmail-get-new-mail but did not see where it
stopped working

==John ffitch