Re: Branch freezing for release

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Branch freezing for release
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 20:12:44 +0300

> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 17:59:14 +0100
>
> Just to be clear: is it okay to push/backport fixes to emacs-26 again?

Nothing's changed, the status is still according to CONTRIBUTE: the
next release is 26.2, i.e. the minor version is > 1, so only doc fixes
are automatically safe; the rest should get an explicit permission,
and generally they won't get it (since we already had RC1).

> I've noted the following commits as candidates for backporting:
>
> [1: 10cd65878c]: Update documentation for indent-relative functions
>   2019-04-05 19:48:21 -0500
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=10cd65878c741d2a22a1f2c36c54fcad4e516f72
>
> [2: 0e468a6204]: Avoid using obsolete indent-relative-maybe
>   2019-04-03 17:55:40 +0100
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=0e468a620458fecd003c396050aa6deb722982c1
>
> [3: 690c678fb6]: Fix comment-empty-lines docstring (bug#35152)
>   2019-04-04 23:41:02 +0100
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=690c678fb6c1fb5b2f828f9bb90782bd0b01c399
>
> N.B.: Commit [2] also includes small code changes, not just docfixes.

I hope you now know the answer; if not, please ask for clarifications.